To celebrate the NWSL Draft happening in Chicago on January 10th, we’ve released a special Local 134 Draft t-shirt!
The shirts are available in our Teespring store. Profits from these shirts will fund the purchase of shirts for the newly drafted Red Stars to welcome them to our great city.
Be sure to order your shirt in time to arrive before the Draft, and don’t forget about the social events we have scheduled in January:
- Local 134 Night B4 Party – Wednesday, January 9th – 7:30 p.m.
- Meet up with other NWSL fans and supporters at Punch Bowl Social Chicago the night before the 2019 NWSL College Draft!
- The party is open to everyone! This is not a formal event. We will update with specifics on where to find us closer to the night of the party.
- Local 134 NWSL Draft & Pre-Party – Thursday, January 10th
- The 2019 NWSL College Draft is coming to Chicago and the Red Stars have the #1 pick! Get loud and join your favorite supporters’ group for the draft at the Skyline Ballroom at McCormick Place.
- We will be having a pre-draft breakfast party The Spoke & Bird starting at 9:00 a.m. and then heading over to the Draft.
Join us on Thursday, May 24th for our 3rd Annual Benefit with Tottenham Hotspur Chicago for Connections for Abused Women and their Children. The event will take place at the Atlantic Bar & Grill from 6:30 to 9:30pm and feature games, a silent auction, and a meet and greet with Chicago Red Stars players. Past players have included Sofia Huerta, Danielle Colaprico, Alyssa Mautz, and Arin Gilliland.
This is a great event each year and we’re proud to share in the hosting with Chicago Spurs. Many Chicago Spurs members are Local 134 members as well.
Tickets are $40 for adults, $10 for kids. Limited open bar and appetizers included. We’ll see you there!
The season didn’t end with a win like we all hoped, but we’re proud of the community you’ve helped us create at Toyota Park and we’re excited for next year already. Only 5 or 6 more months!
Thanks to the Chicago Red Stars staff and owner Arnim for a great year and of course thanks to the players as well. We’ll be hosting some events over the off-season to watch our Red Stars play for the USWNT and perhaps W-League matches, if we can figure out how to do that…
See you soon!
World Cup champion and Chicago Red Stars captain Christen Press joins 120Sports to discuss the NWSL season, the USWNT’s loss to France and the U.S. Women’s Hockey Team’s fight for equal pay.